Monday, October 23, 2006

the importance of friends

First I want to say that I have a unique sense of humor, because this picture is funny as hell to me. I took this pic with my camera phone in the Meat Packing Distinct in NYC. Me and my friends where trying to hit up one more spot before calling it a night (mind you it was 4:30am) anyway walking down the street I saw a crowd of people standing around this guy all laugh at how fucked up he was (no one is helping him). I am damn near tears because the scene was hilarious - people even posed for pics with this lush like he was the Leaning Tower of Pisa or something. I laughed, got my pic and moved on. On the way back to car, we passed this guy again, only this time some crazy Russian chick was now kicking the hell out him because she had a bad night- her boyfriend eventually made her stop. Did I mention he's STILL not moving. I'm no longer laughing and being reflecting on the important of friends. . . . and friend should never allow this to happen. This is NY - bad things happen on a regular especially when clubbing and alcohol are involved - robbery, rape, assault, death. OK everyone needs to be responsible for themselves, but a real friend is someone who'll catch you when you slippin.

1 comment: