Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dating: Sam

Today I'm going to tell you a story about Sam*. Ok, the other night I was getting off the train and I saw this guy like glance at me and charge my way. Me being the New Yorker that I am - I tucked my chain in my shirt (ain't nobody snatching my diamonds) and grip my keys in my pocket (I will poke somebody in the eye out with my house key). To my Surprise when he approached he politely introduced himself as Sam, I really wasn't interested but the boy kept walking and talking to me, oh wait did I tell you it's raining and he has no umbrella - yeah. So despite my rudeness and trying my best to make him go away, he tells me that he just graduated college and goes to a really good church by me (they filmed the wedding scene for American Gangsta there). I give him the benefit of the doubt, assume he's a good guys and take his number. I block my cell number and call him- so far so good. The convo is ok minus the moments Sam pauses to yell at his mother to close his door hahaha This is where it gets crazy. Sam tells me he has a degree in Computer Science and loves to "produce" gospel music - but he works at a candy store. OK??? So I ask him if he could have his dream job what would it be? Why does this fool black out on me??!!! ....Sam "I'm only 26 I don't need to know what I want to do with my life until I'm 30. What kind of question is that anyway? Blackwomen are to caught on with a blackman's money. I hate when Blackwomen do that!! etc etc" Excuse me? I put him in check, Sam apologize because he has issues that he's not doing jack with his life. I am now politely trying to get off the phone and he hits me with. . . . . . ."so what kind of (sex) freak are you? Cuz everybody got some kinda freak in them." Sam produces gospel music.

Hanging up the phone felt really good.

*I ain't changing no names for anybody!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

luv u girl for that

Ticia said...

Damn girl....

That is funny as hell....HAHAHAHHA

I am happy you checked him and hung up. We need to talk on the phone, b/c I have some good stories about losers like that....

*Diesel 15*

Carolina said...

Can you say "Hot Mess" ? Did you laugh before you hung up, please tell me you did.

S.K. said...

no..hahaha...i should have, but the freak qustion took me into blank stare mood.

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you KILT me! KILT ME DEAD