Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Amy Winehouse -You Know I'm No Good

Ok for the most part I’m of the opinion that 73.4% of rap music sucks – HARD!! Of course there are a few solid songs out. There’s a Ghostface joint I’m feeling and I had a vision of the girl on the chorus. A Beautiful, Buxom, Black Belle. Then I saw this video – of the girl singing the chorus. Nothing like I envisioned, so now I’m intrigued.

Who is she? Amy Winehouse a singer out of London. Her voice is so soulful it reminds me of the old school singer like Etta James. I just really appreciating her style and I wanted to share.

4 comments:

S.K. said...

I don't now how to edit Youtube post but I wanted to give you guys her MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/amywinehouse
you can hear a few more of her tracks. And this is her song Rehab.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U

LibraGurl said...

You know, I slept on her a long time ago. About 2 yrs ago, this girl that I used to work with put me onto her and let me copy her cd (maybe an old one?) and I did, but I didn't listen to it and since then, my PC was restored and needless to say, I lost all my music. This sounds really good...

Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said...

I've been digging her for quite some time S.K. Glad she's making her way out of the underground scene.

MissJ said...

Actually, Ghostface is singing chorus. This is Amy's song!