Sunday, July 01, 2007

My Life: MySpace & Friends


I'm not a big fan of MySpace or these others "friend" sites and here are my reason:
.
1.) I'm a paranoid Jamaican & listing my friends with photos, locations, ranking etc. on a well organized site for the CIA sounds dumb!!!
.
2.) I don't like random people trying to "holla" at me in real life but an on-line "holla" should be different?
.......oh and if you motivations to holla at me are:
.......you did a zip code search and I'm within 5 miles of you or
.......you find the pics of me crossed eyed drunk with girls sexy
Keep it moving - For Real
.
3.) Hello MySpace created a whole new type of hoe!!! MySpace Jump Off!!! Are you serious??!!
.
4.) Most of my really close friends are the kind of people to say, "why didn't you tell me that you sent me an e-mail? I would have checked it." So keeping up with FaceBook is a major reach.
.
5.) If as my friend you need to be ranked 1-8. . . . . yeah we can't be friends No Mo'.
.
6.) If we had beef in school and you just so happened to come across my profile - just keep going. Cause a friend request won't stop me from being a petty ass bytch who remembers why you pissed me off in the first place.
.
7.) And if we were really supposed to be friends I'd run into you at the bar or while shopping.
.
8.) These friends sites created a whole new kind of dating stupidity. I'll give quote as examples:
"I saw pics of you and him/her. And don't even lie because you just got that tattoo!!!"
"Why is -ex's name- leaving you last night was great comments??!!"
...you see where this was going.
.
9.) Beyonce is not you friend!!! Shyt she's not even Kelly's friend.
.
10.) I worked very hard all my life to give off the aura of a stuck-up bytch, and I'm not give that up for Tom!!
...
......but these are just my opinions. I'll still lurk on your pages. :oP

14 comments:

Ray said...

New to your blog,

I feel you, I joined the bullshit crackspace a lil over a year ago why? I dunno. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time but now I am like why, I am tired of phoney people asking 2 be my friend.

PEACE!!

Anonymous said...

How fitting that today on Good Morning America they had a show about how these 3 siblings who were separated when they were adopted found each other on myspace. I'm on myspace, but I really don't have time for all that stuff except to just change my song lol.

Reina Negra V said...

LMAO! #6 has happened to me quite a few times on FB and yes, I've actually done #8. *hangs head*

Joi said...

Hey Chica!

You are hilarious! Some people really use Myspace as a tool of the debil. I just like looking at pics of myself flashing with music in the background. lol. I nignore all of the rest.

RichBoi88 said...

LOL that was hilarious...i just started a new blog and wanted to know if u wanna do a link exchane...let me kno

Blogxilla said...

OMG this was hilarious.... I'm bout to log on to myspace and pimp it out.... I would ask for a link exchange for my site www.blogxilla.com/scribes which is not a friend site!! lol omg this was hilarious

Anonymous said...

BLOGXILLA THIS IS MAMA- THANKS FOR SENDING ME HERE! VERY VALID POINTS AND FUNNY AS HELL!

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH HER BLOG BECAUSE EVERYTHING SHE SAY ITS TRUE...IF WE SIT BACK AND THINK ABOUT IT.....PPL WHO HAVE BEEF WITH US AND WHAT NOT COULD FIND OUR ASSES AND TRY TO FINISH UP WHAT THEY STARTED A FEW YRS BACK.....

Anonymous said...

ha! that is too funny and u are absolutely correct!! =) especially bout folks that u used to know, please dont act like we are cool now when i havent seen ur ass in like 8 years and i didnt like you THEN...how could i possibly like u now??? too funny, but oh so true

SistaSocialite said...

hahaha... funny!

Anonymous said...

I totally feel you. I've been thinking about deleting my myspace account. What's the point? I want to keep up my blog, and that's it. Too busy living for all that crap.

The Humanity Critic said...

I feel you, and you have valid points.. Even though I use it to peruse barley legal local tail..lol

Humanity F Critic

Anonymous said...

i stay on myspace all day, found some old friends and a cousin

its useful for keepin up with family u dont wanna waste ur long distance on

anyway i do agree about the random ppl from school wantin to be friends cuz they remember seein me in the hallway, idk y they want to "be my friend" and that top 8 mess is stupid, i just put the pics that best match with my profile

them young naked girls and the whoring(not jumpoff whoring but 9.9k and 30k) is retarded too

Anonymous said...

#6 was me the other day. This heffa who knows I don't like her sent me a friend request the other day. I'm like, I know I haven't seen you since the last day of 8th grade, but I FORGET NOTHING. We don't get down like that and she knows damn well we don't have shyt to talk about. *I should have told her that and rejected her instead of just rejecting her.

Oh, and I didn't get a Myspace page until September 2006 after I saw the page of a guy I was crazy about in college and I wanted to email him. I thought it was full of 12 year olds, and they are, but I don't put up with that juvenile mess that lurks on The Space.