Saturday, October 14, 2006

Africa Pride

Assuming these people have all the good intention in the world, I'm still really pissed off that for some reason black children aren't more than a photo op and a charity of the moment. You know when these big hearted celebs got back to the luxrious bathrooms they spent a little extra time in the shower to get rid of whatever disease their delicate skin came in contact with. It makes me sick, because in a few months - maybe a year max, the plight of a dying Africa will be forgotten for a new charity. And I swear Madonna picked her new adopted "Malawi Child" like she would a pair of shoes. Somewhere in all this bullshit, I hope people (real people) take the oppurtunity to get involed to help needy children, and not just for a moment.

Reese Witherspoon @ Children's Defense Fund Awards; Leonardo DiCaprio in Mozambique; Madonna in Malawi; Beyonce in Nigeria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I agree with you. Great blog!

Anonymous said...

S.K. I agree with you totally, I can go on for days about this but I think you did a great job of summing it up in a succinct way