Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dating: Some Thing Like A Good Guy



I haven't done a dating post in a while. No, not because I have a lack of subject matter. (shout out to Mama for the good genes.) But quite frankly I'd rather plunk my eyebrows, then acknowledge certain folk. btw - My Arch Game is Sick!!!

Moving on. I guess you can say I have two guys trying to "holla @ me." There not the only two, but they do share something in common. They both think they're "Good Guys." From what I can gather they believe themselves to be good guys because they have jobs and did not say, 'yo mama let me hit.' I'll save the speech about not praising people for what they're supposed to do.

Good Guy #1: Let's call this guy Matt. I've worked with Matt for about 2 years now and it took him a year and a half to approach me just to say hi. NOW, don't give me that unapproachable speech about women being intimidating. I'm hella nice..*blank stare*... at work....for a paycheck. No. I really am nice though. I speak to EVERYONE. Even the man that talks like the next black sniper and the crazy Croatian cleaning lady who hits people with the vacuum. ....wait what was I talking about... oh yeah Matt. His game plan was to sneak into panties by pretending to be my friend. *ring the alarm* A Good Guy doesn't pretend to be your friend. Hello!!!

One Friday he basically told me he wanted the Cookie and I told him
a.) I don't deal with co-workers. Period.
b.) He really just wasn't ready.

Matt laughed, they called me at like 8pm on a Saturday to hang out at a club with him and his friends . Unfortunately for him, S.K. has a life and plans of her own and 8pm on Saturday I'm already booked :oP

Monday was cool we chit-chatted about our weekends. Tuesday, Matt no longer puts aside 45mins of his day to talk to me, but he now makes odd comments and circles me when talking. Yes, he walks circles around me or half circles if I'm seated.

I wanna wrap this up by saying 2 things: 1.) This is why I don't deal with people at work personally. Imagine if it got deeper than conversation. 2.) He would preach to me that he was a good man blah blah but to me pretending to be my friend to fvck is just as bad and the dude on the corner. Except it took your lower self-esteem ass 3 weeks of build up to say what the guy on the corner said in 30 minutes. Think about it!!

Good Guy #2: This one is Keith. Our families are really close so I've seen him on and off through out my life. Recently I saw him again at a family function, and he's been sweating me, like crazy, ever since. Keith was giving me the good man speech hard. HARD!!!! How I need a man like him in my life. A good, honest, hard working man. All of this while I'm admittedly letting him caress my leg. So finally, Keith ask, "what's up with me and you seeing where this goes?"

Pause....Before I continue let me say this, my mother is a gossip and already told me that Keith lives with his girlfriend and wants to marry her and have her as the mother of his children. Yep.

So I look Keith in his lovely brown eyes and tell him that I don't think his girlfriend Amanda would appreciate us dating. Keith stuttered, told his version of but we're like "roommates." I laughed in his face.


Moral of these stories beware of the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing.

6 comments:

S.K. said...

@ yes

Jesus be a co-sign

@ Libra

Thanks 4 the compliment. And everything else you said DEAD!!!

Why are you killing me on my own spot.

Coco LaRue said...

I seriously don't see the problem, SK. I'd smash.

S.K. said...

@ Coco

No Smashing - see JerzyGirl for stalking reference.

@ Jerzey

Stop hanging out with Coco!!!

@Q

You and Me.... I2I

Lola Gets said...

Most "Good Guys" Ive met arent. They just think they are because while they do the exact same thing the "dogs" do, they do it differently...so theyre special.
LOL
L

The Bear Maiden said...

My new thing is boys who are too young and stupid to have the game right. The older they get, the more tired the game. Except they seem to think they're really good at it by now.

Either that or really old and really rich. Then you don't care about the game. Too bad I don't know any old rich black men. Seems they all got killed off in the first episode.

SuperDupa said...

OMG, I HAVE SOOOO been there. I won't touch anyone I work with even if I had a 10 foot pole. Trouble is written all over that. I too have had the "I'm a good black man" speech given to me...all I can say is bzzzzzzzz cuz if you have to give a speech, then you are already suspect in my book LOL