Saturday, January 27, 2007

Friends&TheNews

Ok, I'm obsessive about the News. Like I need to be aware of whats going on in the world. So one morning last week I hear on the news that someone named Francisco Torres was arrested after escaping the law for over 30 years. I immediately start laugh because my friend has the same name. My plan was to call him, and harass him like "hahaha, you got arrested!!!" (yes, I'm 12yrs old.)

Anyway he calls me first, and guess what?....

IT'S HIS DAD!!!!! I had no idea what to say. I felt soooo bad. I still do. All I can do is go into extra-super-friend mode.

Here's the basics. If this weren't happening to someone I knew personally this would be an interesting news story, but..... Francisco Torres was involved in the Black Liberation Party during the 60's and 70's. Allegedly the group were on a cop killing campaign over this time period. After 35 years, DNA evidence linked Torres and seven others to the killing of a California police officer.
Full Story

1 comment:

Coco LaRue said...

Ouch. You owe him a Frosty from Wendy's or a dime bag or something.